Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pure Snowy Bliss


She's been out there twice already today. Is this awesome or what?

Let's do the tuesday tell all:
What was your favorite thing to do outside in the winter when you were little? Best memory?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad emmy can enjoy the snow, but I personally am not looking forward to my return to Utah's cold. I promise to get out and play in the snow myself, though!
Mom

Anonymous said...

"Write" my name in the snow.

Anonymous said...

nice caleb.

Anonymous said...

nice caleb.

Jayne said...

Alright I have a few favorites:

Laying on the banks on the side of the driveway underneath my sled as Dad drives by on the tractor blowing snow onto us and yelling at the top of my lungs "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!"

Digging snow forts in the front yard.

The jumps at the bottom of echo hill.

Singing "Jingle Bells" as loud as I could while going mach 4 down the driveway on the flexible flyer.

Singing "Nordic Valley Skiing" by the Mamas and the Papas on the ski lift with Tess.

Dad's rainbow beanie with the poof ball on top.

Clark.

Walking to Nordic in my ski boots. Once.

Going down the driveway on Mom's cross country skis and almost dying 27 times.

Okay I'll go think of some more...

Unknown said...

Snow forts for sure! Dad would chuck us into the snow and we would sink so far in we couldn't get out without help. Sledding off the roof into the drifts under the eaves. Going on a walk at night in a heavy snow fall, i loved looking up and getting dizzy. I also love the snow on clear full moon nights. It's amazing. Building snowmen is always a favorite :-)

Hanna Banana said...

Building jumps in the back yard.
Singing and eating fruit snacks on the nordic lift.
Sledding on the driveway with a full moon, for family night.
The end

Siege eh said...

Definitely jumping off the tower into the snow.
And racing down the driveway on that fold-up sled, that one left some nice bruises.

And that sweet mini park with the rail and stuff that I built with Johnny... wait that was just last year, was I still little then?

Siege eh said...

oh and sledding out of the treefort, down the slide

Hanna Banana said...

You're still little, CJ

Bethanie said...

Paul says: Digging out snow caves from the 8-foot snow drifts. I grew up in Illinois.

Beth says: Doing the same stuff I did in the summer, just with a coat on. Things like burying time capsules in the way back yard (as opposed to the back yard--this one was "way" back . . .), climbing trees, playing Harriet the Spy, running around with my BFF Linda.

Anonymous said...

Playing with Grandpa Tom outside and following him around everywhere...

Sara

Anonymous said...

Grandpa: Jumping off any high place we could find into the deep snow.
Grandma: Making a snow angel.
(wow, it worked. I turned into a real one. har.)

C.J. is definitely not little. We can no longer look him in the eyes.

Never mind, Jayne, you don't have to think of any more. love, Gr/Gr