Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Tell All Has come again...

Todays topic is worst injury you have ever received. Wow. This could really get gory. 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! This could get gory. Oh hey, do you care that i always comment on your family blog? Sorry. But i like it!

I was thinking that my worse injury was falling and getting wedged between the sink and toilet and breaking my collarbone...but then i remembered my toe!!

My big toe got smooshed off by a badminton stand in high school gym. It was pretty coo. There was a A LOT of blood. When i took my shoe off it poured out like a pitcher of Koolaid. The doctor managed to pull some skin up and over the top and make it look kinda normal but i have a tiny little toenail now and no bone in the top half of my toe. It broke the rest of my toes and they healed a bit crooked. I have an awesome foot now. When it first happened my Mom said "Well that's gross, no man will ever marry you now." She was kidding but look what happened!!!!! It was a curse! Kidding, love you Mom. I'm sure my toe has nothing to do with my single status...

Camille said...

Hahaha oh katie, you hilarious me. My worst injury... hmmm... can we please recall my "Calamity Cami Strikes Again" years? Or should i say, weeks? I can't remember where it all started, but i remember it involved crashing on the Alpine Slide, (although i didn't get it near as bad as my poor father who ended up getting some wicked cool stitches all up his arm), Falling 15 feet out of my treefort (This is when half my face was left on the tree i skidded down... how did i miss the shovel handle at the bottom though?? lucky.), a massive bike wreck on my driveway, a fever of 106, and sitting by the fire with my fever trying to get better, but instead ending up way worse when my neck got caught under 2 fiery ashes and left me smoldering like a log. It seems like there was something else that happened that month... but i can't remember... it must have been brain damage.
~Cam

Jayne said...

bee sting cami. You forgot the Bee Sting that you reacted horribly to.

Hanna Banana said...

I had the most amazing comment written up, then I suddenly had to leave and it got closed before I could publish it. The End.

Jayne said...

Wow, I am so out of the injury loop. I am practically the epitome of health, come on. It doesn't get much more perfect than this, and plus I'm humble! I am the most humble person I know! I really take pride in my humility.


That had nothing to do with injuries... I think I need a nap

Unknown said...

You doing okay over there Jayne my dear?

Caleb said...

When I was little I fell off the bed, had 18 stitches in my head and Levi for the next 10 years kept telling me he could see my brains. From there I decided that I would wrestle with my dad, he slipped and Snap...there goes my leg right below the knee. On multiple occasions I managed to skillfully carve hunks of flesh from my hands all requiring wonderful amounts of stitches. Last year I managed to mangle my toes in a Fork lift. I'll post a picture it does more justice. I would say one of the more painful though is pulling a wart from the palm of my hand. You see you start by cutting around the edges, slowly pulling the skin back to expose the tender roots. From there you take needle nose pliers and grabbing as much as possible you slowly start to turn. Wrenching the roots from the vein. As you feel the skin slowly tear give a good yank and 1/4 inch of root follows. It bleeds for an hour or two and vwaallaa. Self-Inflicted Injury, no wart.

Mac said...

I've been hit in the face with a falling gate latch, and the blunt end of a swinging axe, I had my toe operated on, on my mission (it looked just like that picture), I've cut off the tips of two different fingers and different times, in different sign shops. I wrecked my tiny bike when I hit the gravel on the side of the road going down Piccolo hill. That's all I remember at the moment.

Unknown said...

Egads kids!!! There is a lot of blood in this post. Mac i remember when you were hit by the axe. It was really scary and there was A LOT of blood. And Monkey! When you put it all together you are kinda accident prone. I never realized it before. Good stories!!!

Jayne said...

Yes lets hope that in that one small way my kids take after me and not their father!