We have 9:00 church so I usually get up and shower before the kids wake up and the get-ready-for-church adventure begins. So here I am all ready for church when child number one wakes up, and guess who leaked through his diaper and managed to soak my bed last night? You guessed it! As soon as that was discovered, child number two woke up across the hall and started yelling "Mommy! I made a mess!" which is always something I love to hear. Across the hall I go to find a puked on bed, blanket, pillow, pajamas and Emmy. And that's fun! So I cleaned her up and moved her to my peed in bed with Jonah while I stripped off her sheets, only to come back and find that she had puked in my bed too. That's okay, I was changing my sheets anyway! So then I realize that I am definitely not going to church, so back into my Jammies I go (hey, why not?) and call for a sub, but I have to wait for Caleb to get off the phone because someone is calling to ask him to sub. Caleb looks at me and says "wow, you mean I'll actually get to feel the spirit today?" and off he goes because it's time. So I finally get Jonah out of his wet jammies and clean and into some clean clothes, and I moved Emmy to the couch, and now we're going to try and start our day again.
Sorry that sounded kinda grouchy, I really have been laughing all morning! Having kids is like signing a waiver that says that you will change all plans and drop anything at a seconds notice for the rest of your life. It's great:)
Jayne: "Emmy, does your tummy hurt?"
Emmy: "Yeah, I have poops and throw-ups in there"
16 comments:
oh jayne. What morning! I'm sorry Emmy is sick and that you have a peed in bed and that Caleb got to go off and leave you! I think he should've stayed and helped you clean up...but that's is older sister talking :-) Let me know if you need anything at all! Love you!
After Em relocated to the couch she threw up again - this time she got herself, her new pillowslip, the couch, her new blanket, Jonah, Baby Ee-ee, myself, and her sippy cup. So now she's on the clean couch, the other one had a good scrub, we're all wearing new jammies again, the second load of laundry is in the wash, and life is good!
I just have to say: I feel your pain.
My baby has a cold and had a temperature of a hundred and two for the last 24 hours and I've had about.... four hours of sleep in two days.
it sure is a good thing I like that kid :)
~Tess
i'm feeling bit nauseous... but i still can't wait to be a mom. Anyone know anybody who wants to be a dad? ;-)
Emmy's fine now! I don't think I realized just how many peaches she was eating yesterday as we were harvesting the trees. When I was cutting them up later most of them had a little 2-year-old-sized bite out of them. She's running circles around us again this afternoon so whatever it was, it passed!
And I agree, Tess, it is a very good thing we like them, or we'd never do it again:)
That is so funny! I know it's gonna be crazy, but we are so ready for this kid to get here! Too bad it costs a dollar a load for us to do laundry here. Or else we take it to the Schofield's. :P
Note to new parents: Sick kids? COVER EVERYTHING! Layers of towels and lots of bowls handy. And I just don't let them hang in my bed if they're pukish anymore. Hey Emmy, I never like it when I have "poops and throw-ups in there" either. Glad you're better!
Ohohohoho my gosh, this is one of the better posts we have had on here, jayne!!! Me and Atticus laughed our heads off. Nice job:)
Cam
Uh, who's Atticus? Dad?
ghost boyfriend
Nice idea Cami. Ghost boyfriend. Hmmm.
hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to be a grandma now, right Jo?
Who's The reefs club?
Yeah, who's the reef's club?
Gr/Gr: Even better to be a great grandma!!!
p.s. Gr/Gr: It's a good thing persons like Mac and Diana have no idea what they're in for.....or we would have a planet with no population.
Post a Comment