Sorry it's a little late - no internet at home - but this week's reminisce is about "Back to school" or as back to school as we ever got. What is your all time favorite homeschool memory? Or two or three? Or for those of you who actually went to "Real School" what was yours?
12 comments:
I remember sitting at my desk in the gallery, working on multiplication tables. I remember reading constantly, although that was all year, heh.
I remember playing Monopoly for math that was the best!
Classic rollerskating.
need I say more?
~Tess
favorite home school moment: Standing in the dressing room at the marshal white center after swimming, and watching a mom curl her daughter's bangs OUT. That was psycho.
Favorite real school moment: My last day of weber high when i went into the office and put up my Rock On hand signs, and yelled "LATA SUCKAS!!!"
Jk, i didn't really do that. but i was thinkin it!
~cam
Cami! I totally remember that! Ahhg that was weird.
Classic Roller Skating. "All that she wants, is another baby...."
Jayne: Mom, can I go skiing instead of school?
Mom: Sure, you'll learn a lot more in the woods than you'd ever learn in a classroom.
Haltlis
Jayne you post more on this blog than your own!!! I loved homeschool. I have so many good memories. Going to synagogue for "comparative religions" was a good one. Dumb ole handwriting exercises. Did any of you do this? Listen to crazy wave music and practice cursive FOR EVER! My handwriting still stinks :-) Poor mom.
I think i'm off a week on my blogs tuesday tell all...
I have two great memories to share:
First, I had a pair of pink socks and black socks, pink shoes and black shoes. I would wear one pink sock with a black shoe and one black sock with a pink shoe. I was so ahead of my time...
Second, I had a great 5th grade teacher that gave me my only memorable experiences with art. He also had us sing patriotic songs every day, which I loved!
OK, one more. I remember being SUPER competitive with the boys on my grades. If they scored higher than me on a spelling or math test, I would be really upset.
Kate, we had to learn cursive too, but I don't think we did the wave music... must have been interesting. None of us use it regularly either, but I think it helps with regular writing too. Although I do think that Caleb has the only legible handwriting in your family... ;)
Diana I LOVE the shoe story!! HA! Tess and I were the Queens of wear two different colored socks on each foot then roll them down! We thought we were the COOLEST, and we were.
Mac's desk was the best. I had a little pink one, but it was just Never as cool as his, I was so jealous.
Probably the best for me was just that school was at home! We had the all time best place ever to grow up, and we were there ALL the time! Do you remeber like Packing a LUNCH to go to Huntsville?! Ha! That was a road trip!
Cami and Hanna just don't get it...
Gr Nette: I was excited to go to my first day at school, First Grade (no Kindergarten those days)...in the back of the room was a table sand box with little cars in it. I was playing with a green car, zooming it around in the sand, when a blond boy, "Richard," grabbed it away from me. I cried, the teacher called my Mom and she came and got me. (I wasn't spoiled!)
Post a Comment