Monday, July 21, 2008
My Job
So there's a guy in our ward here (Roseville 1st) named Tony Palmer who owns a sign shop. We were talking one day, and I told him that I work for fast signs, and that I've been in the biz for a while. We had a lovely discussion about different methods and printers and such, and I told him to let me know if he needs someone. The next week at church he told me that he wanted to take me to lunch to talk. So that Wednesday, I met him at Chili's on my lunch and he told me all about his shop, and offered me a job doing vehicle wraps, and other stuff for him. His starting pay would be significantly higher that what I was receiving at FastSigns, and it sounded like a pretty cool deal. So I told my boss at Fastsigns, Ron, that I had another job offer. He said he'd like to think about it, and that I should get back to him. So I called Brother Palmer, and he invited me to come see their shop, which I did. It was a very cool place, and I was getting pretty excited about more money. ;) So I talked to my boss again, and he said he'd be sorry to lose me and that he'd call me on the weekend with an answer. So he finally called me on Sunday morning, and asked me a couple questions, the said that he was willing to give me a raise, to match the other shop's offer. SO, I'm still with FastSigns! With a fat raise! Woo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Wow good job
Hahah, that's awesome! When you're running the rat race like we are, raises are heaven sent. Good for yous guys.
Nice! Good for yous guys:)
Cam
I was hoping that's what would happen! Your boss is a good guy. People who own businesses learn real fast the value of a good employee. Believe me, I know!
Love you,
Mom
Gr/Gr: Good for you, Macco. Love.
Sara Says:
I'm so happy for you Mac! That will be most helpful for you, Diana and the soon-to-be baby of yours!! : )
That's great Mac! I'm so glad for you! We do some work with FastSigns. I'll be sure to send any work your way!
alrighty then, someone else do something exciting so we can hear about it!
I love it that we were posting so much that we had to make ourselves a separate blog - and then we just comment on the one post. It's beautiful.
Gr/Gr: Yeah....but don't forget
the Sladesnews....we need thought-provoking ideas to carry us through this life.
Post a Comment