Monday, June 20, 2011

Layneguage

In honors of Father's Day, I have compiled a very special list of some of the words we all grew up with. If anyone outside our immediate family ever sees this, please don't think we're crazy. Because you would be right. Also feel free to add to the list if you think of any other speeshel words.
(Considering Layneguage is not a written language, much like Click, these words aren't spelled correctly. Just sayin.)

Inchistingq
Howdybadooshkeeq
Everybodinskeeq
Buttwutsq
Datsacuzq
Butceptinsq
Florkq
Briskisq
Herewereq
Bu'weakq
Hoostacoodq
Park Your Patsq
O'nt noq
Ha'toq
Twysteq
Lemmeschplaneq
Sccoterbuttsq
Truth in itq
Narshogenq
Broektq
Benember

The Q's are silent

Happy Babo's day :)

9 comments:

Hanna Banana said...

Great spellings, Cam. Maybe you should also list the interpretations? Or is that too much. I think there's a misspelling in scooterbuttsq.

Hanna Banana said...

And herewere should have an apostrophe in it: herewe'req

Camille said...

how many times do i have to tell you, they ARE misspelled on purpose because they aren't a written language! you could spell buttwuts slkanfeish and it wouldnt make a difference. Jeez Nah, way to ruin father's day.

Jayne said...

I need to intervene, cuz it's my job as oldest sister to do that whenever possible:

I distinctly remember spelling each one of these out with Dad - that was part of the fun. Benember? "How would you spell that?" That's where the 'silent q' came from.

I'm with Hanna on this one.

But seriously - Nice List, Cam! How long have you been compiling this? It's impressive.

Camille said...

BENEMBER!! Thanks Jayne, I'll add that one to the list :) Any more you can think of?

JoAnn said...

I must confess and protect the Baby...I commented under her google account...accidently.

Jayne said...

Mom! Scandal!

Hanna Banana said...

I was going to say... i didn't remember saying those things. Good job Cami! I love this family :)

Gr. Nette said...

Is this Italian?