I guess probably the most clever was me going as a tornado. I dressed completely in gray and taped miniature toys all over me. Things like cows, barbie shoes, matchbox cars. I sprayed my already-crazy hair gray too. It was awesome.
Then there was the year that I was a chef. Who is a chef for halloween? Oh, and the year that I was a cross between a clown and groucho marx. I guess those were the awkward years.
The clown one sounds scary!! But i LOVE the tornado idea! So cute!
I can't remember a good costume i've had. I've never been very good at dressing up. I wonder if my mom can think of any? I was a hobo when i was little, it was cute. But my mom did it. Sad. I need to think of a good one this year.
It was 2003. Or maybe 2004. The young boy in the home requested to be a Trap Door Spider. I was up for the challenge. I researched. I shopped. I was feeling brilliant. I sewed 6 extra legs to a brown shirt. I constructed a tube the little spider could fit into. I built a "trap door" hat, fully camouflaged it with paint, twigs, leaves, and completed it with webbing underneath. The evening of Halloween came, and I began the genius plan of assembling our little trap door spider. The plan included extra eyes glued to his forehead (small black pom poms), and "fangs" (pretend glass shards) glued to the side of his mouth, that would have been so cool if Max would have let me do the actual makeup job to blend all these together into one cohesive spider look. But he wouldn't let me. He looked deranged. The he wouldn't wear the tube or the had. He ultimately looked nothing like a Trap Door Spider. If you want photographic proof that this was potentially the best, but ultimately the worst Halloween costume ever, you'll have to request one by email. I refuse to post it for all the world to see.
This year we're going with the safe Indiana Jones costume. Wish me luck.
Hanna almost broke my face the other day... so i guess i kind of feel your pain, Beth:) Can you image how hard it would be to type with a broken face!? You think a broken thumb is bad... Just kidding beth, i totally love you, and i'm so sorry about your thumb! That's such a bummer:( Cam
hehe I love dad. remember when Jayne ....hahaha I cant type cause I have the image going through my head! hahahaa.... remember when Jayne put cardboard "ski's" on her feet?!?!? hahahahaha! ok it wasn't that funny ~T
11 comments:
I guess probably the most clever was me going as a tornado. I dressed completely in gray and taped miniature toys all over me. Things like cows, barbie shoes, matchbox cars. I sprayed my already-crazy hair gray too. It was awesome.
Then there was the year that I was a chef. Who is a chef for halloween? Oh, and the year that I was a cross between a clown and groucho marx. I guess those were the awkward years.
The clown one sounds scary!! But i LOVE the tornado idea! So cute!
I can't remember a good costume i've had. I've never been very good at dressing up. I wonder if my mom can think of any? I was a hobo when i was little, it was cute. But my mom did it. Sad. I need to think of a good one this year.
one year cami and I (or maybe it was hanna) went as a pair of dice. if thats not creative I dont know what is
~Tess
remember when i was the one-eyed-one-horned-flying-purple-people-eater? that was AMAZING. i even won a mug at the library:)
It was 2003. Or maybe 2004. The young boy in the home requested to be a Trap Door Spider. I was up for the challenge. I researched. I shopped. I was feeling brilliant. I sewed 6 extra legs to a brown shirt. I constructed a tube the little spider could fit into. I built a "trap door" hat, fully camouflaged it with paint, twigs, leaves, and completed it with webbing underneath. The evening of Halloween came, and I began the genius plan of assembling our little trap door spider. The plan included extra eyes glued to his forehead (small black pom poms), and "fangs" (pretend glass shards) glued to the side of his mouth, that would have been so cool if Max would have let me do the actual makeup job to blend all these together into one cohesive spider look. But he wouldn't let me. He looked deranged. The he wouldn't wear the tube or the had. He ultimately looked nothing like a Trap Door Spider. If you want photographic proof that this was potentially the best, but ultimately the worst Halloween costume ever, you'll have to request one by email. I refuse to post it for all the world to see.
This year we're going with the safe Indiana Jones costume. Wish me luck.
I meant "hat," not "had." Remember, I have a broken thumb and it interferes with my ability to differentiate between d's and t's.
Hanna almost broke my face the other day... so i guess i kind of feel your pain, Beth:) Can you image how hard it would be to type with a broken face!? You think a broken thumb is bad... Just kidding beth, i totally love you, and i'm so sorry about your thumb! That's such a bummer:(
Cam
I once went trick or treating with rollerblades on, I fell down somebody's steps, that was fun
Probably my favorite was being Glinda, but when dad went to a ward halloween party as a woman and nobody knew who he was, that was bad.
Mom
hehe I love dad.
remember when Jayne ....hahaha I cant type cause I have the image going through my head! hahahaa....
remember when Jayne put cardboard "ski's" on her feet?!?!? hahahahaha!
ok it wasn't that funny
~T
Aaahg yes that was funny! I was definitely the warmest trick-or-treater that year. I went as a skier. Skis and all. Stairs were a nightmare.
Post a Comment